All I have to say is: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. That’s right, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Days like these, I wish I was more like Mary Poppins. After spending most of the morning chasing kids and tearing the house apart looking for my passport and another very important document, I have seriously started to question my organizational abilities.
You see, on most days my purse is like a black hole. Once something goes in, it never comes back out. I’m seriously thinking about investing in a new purse (and a personal assistant). You see, it never works out the way it did for Mary Poppins. If I had just a little bit of her magic and a purse like that, there would be order in the universe once again. What better, more perfect timing to cover a few things or two us ladies can learn from the ultimate super nanny:
- Black is ALWAYS the “It” color. This classic fashionista had it down- black is slimming, classic and goes well with most accessories.
- She comes up with fun words like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. You know the little moments in life where you can’t seem to come up with the right word for a situation that leaves you speechless and awkward. Well, a crazy, nonsense word like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious makes everyone in the room forget where the conversation even began. And, it’s fun to say!
- She knows how to travel right. Don’t wait in line at the airport, don’t worry about putting your liquids into absurd, little Ziplock baggies, forget TSA patting you down inappropriately. Simply use your flying, magical umbrella to get to your final destination. This lady could teach world travelers a thing or two about fast and efficient travel.
- She never overstays her welcome. You know who I’m talking about. The friend or neighbor who always takes her time leaving and can’t stop talking, even though they can see your little terrors are knocking over vases and screaming at the top of their lungs. Mary Poppins says her piece, teaches her lesson and then she’s off to the next adventure.
- A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down. This works in every possible way rather you are giving your kiddos a bitter tasting medicine or you’re buttering someone up before you give them the “bad news.”
- She travels with her very own interior decorator- right inside of her purse. Can’t figure out which direction to go with your new nursery or office? Simply open up your purse and your personal decorator will provide you with the latest trends in interior decorating without ever leaving your house.
- She is British. There is just something about a British accent that makes a person seem so much more organized and together. If I had a British accent, I think my house would be immaculate 24/7 and my kids would angels. Ever seen Super Nanny? Hello!
- MP is a social butterfly. She makes friends wherever she goes.
- Jane and Michael love her. They absolutely, positively love her. What’s her secret? My girls love and hate me most days.